* On an average work day, a typist's fingers travel 12.6 miles.
* The life span of a taste bud is 10 days.
* The average bed is home to over 6 billion dust mites.
* Polar bears are left handed.
* Babies are born without kneecaps, they appear when the child is 2-6 years of age.
* There are only four words in the English language which end in "-dous": tremendous, horrendous, stupendous, and hazardous.
* The biggest tyre manufacturer in the world (by number) is .....Lego!
* The word "set" has more definitions than any other word in the English language.
* I am." is the shortest complete sentence in the English language.
* Your stomach has to produce a new layer of mucus every two weeks otherwise it will digest itself.
* The most common time for a wake up call is 7 a.m.
*Americans collectively eat one hundred pounds of chocolate every second.
*The doorbell was invented in 1831.
* Most dust particles in your house are made from dead skin.
*Americans on the average eat 18 acres of pizza every day.
*Penguins can convert salt water into fresh water.
*If the population of China walked past you in single file, the line would never end because of the rate of reproduction.
*The most powerful electric eel is found in the rivers of Brazil, Columbia, Venezuela, and Peru, and produces a shock of 400-650 volts.
*In ten minutes, a hurricane releases more energy than all the world's nuclear weapons combined!
*Most people believe Thomas Edison invented the light bulb. This isn't true; Joseph Swan did.