- The average brain of a human has about 100 billion nerve cells.
- Nerve impulses to and from brain travel as fast as 170 miles per hour.
- The human brain can hold upto 1000 tera bytes of information.
- The brain is only 2% of the body but consumes the maximum oxygen compared to other organs.
- The brain is much more active during the night than the day.
- The brain itself cannot feel pain. Even though the brain is the pain center when you cut your finger, the brain does not have pain receptors.
Tuesday, August 30, 2011
Here are some interesting facts about Blue Whale.
- A blue whale can grow upto 110 meet. This is equivalent to two city buses and longer than a basket ball court.
- Blue whales can weigh upto 200 tonnes. This weight is equivalent to about 15 school buses.
- The size of the heart of blue whale weights around 800 Kg. The size of the heart of blue whale is equal to the size of a mini cooper.
- The heartbeat of a blue whale can be heard from a distance of 2 miles away and a human can easily crawl through its major arteries.
- The tongue of a blue whale weighs as much as an elephant. Nearly 100 people can fit in a blue whale's mouth.
- A blue whale can produce sound louder than a jet engine and can communicate other whales upto 1000 miles away.
- The spray from a blue whale's blowhole is almost as tall as a three-story building ( 30 feet).
- The blue whale can live upto 80 or 90 years.
Here are some cool but true facts.
- The elephants walk on their tip toes.
- Most of the dust in our houses is the skin cells.
- 6009 is the next year which looks the same upside down and right side up since 1961.
- The Astronaut Neil Armstrong left his space shoes on the moon.
- It is impossible to see a rain bow at noon.
- People complain about UFO sightings when Venus is closest to Earth.
- The core of Earth is about the size of planet Mars.
- Iceland has earth quakes as well as ice quakes.
- some Dinosaurs had about 1000 teeth.
- An Ostrich's eye is bigger than its brain.
- Sea stars do not have brains.
Here are some of the interesting facts about China.
- China is the 4th largest country in the world after Russia, Canada and the US. China has an area of 3,719,275 square miles.
- One in every five people in the world is Chinese. China population is four times that of USA.
- China uses 45 billion chopsticks per year.
- The toilet paper was invented in China in late 1300s. But it was only for the Emperor.
- Paper, Compass, Gun powder and Printing were invented by Chinese.
- Table tennis is the most popular game in China.
- White, rather than black, is the Chinese color for mourning and funerals.
- Ice cream was invented by Chinese.
- 200 million people in China live on less than $1 a day.
- More than 700 million Chinese people drink polluted water.
- By the year 2025, it is expected that China would build Ten New York sized cities.
- 14 countries share a border with China.
- China is the world's largest producer of Pork.
- China has more English speakers compared to United States.
Tuesday, August 2, 2011
Here are some of the best amazing and interesting facts that you might have never heard of. Please read them here.
- US congress has passed a law in the year 1996, which states that all school going children in Florida must be taught to walk on their eye balls, in order to avoid alligator attacks.
- Do you know that the African Elephant can squeeze its body through a hole of the size of a pea. This is due to its modifiable structure.
- Peasants in Eastern Europe celebrate the new year by smearing horse manure on themselves and slapping each other with rubber gloves.
- Do you know that a Golden Labrador Retriever contains more poison than a spitting cobra. But the only reason they are not dangerous to us is because they cannot open jaws wide enough to bite.
- Do you know that it is illegal to urinate in Gibraltar if you are under the age of 18 years.
- Do you know that the Alaskan bear is the only mammal which is 16 meters high, and has horns. It has a frontal pouch full of human skulls and it can grow moustache 3 meters long.
- Armadillos cause leprosy if they look at you for more then 10 seconds.
- We do not take ants seriously. Do you know that Ants can run faster than horses, and the males can roar like lions.
- Do you know that British Prime Minister, Tony Blair, once accidentally trapped himself in a refrigerator for 3 weeks. To prevent public panic, the cabinet ministers ordered a moving cardboard cut-out of the Prime Minister to make public speeches via radio control.
- It is a fact that Microsoft was producing cricket bats before they moved to recliner chairs
- It is a fact that stealing pencil is a crime in some British towns. Those who are caught are punished by being thrown in a metal trashcan and a group of children are then encouraged to beat the sides of the bin with cricket bats.