Here are some amazing and interesting facts.....
- The universe became the size of a pea one million, million, million, million, millionth of a second after the Big Bang and kept on growing!
- Your skin has more living organisms than the total people living on earth. In fact the human body itself is like a planet
- A vehicle travelling at the speed of light can travel around the world in 0.13 seconds. That means if you were in such a vehicle, you would have travelled around the world even before you finish reading this sentence
- It is estimated that one in every 2000 babies is born with teeth!
- The largest living structure on Earth is the Great Barrier Reef. It extends over 2300 Kms, along the Australian Coast and covers a huge area of 35 million hectares. Astronauts can actually see it from the Moon! They have described it as 'fine white line in the blue ocean'.
- A typical hurricane produces energy equivalent to 8,000 one megaton bombs. It is really a great wonder that hurricanes cause so much destruction
- There are some rain bows which are colorless. They are called as fog bows, and are formed when sun shines through a fog. The drops of water in a fog are too small to split up light into different colors, so the fog bow is white in color
- Some times if you look at the sky, you see what appears to be three Suns. This happens when there are thin clouds high in the sky. The clouds are actually made up of bits of Ice that bend Sun rays so that it appears that there are two more Suns present. That false Suns ar only an illusion, and it is called as Sun Dogs
- The Blue Whale is the loudest animal on Earth. It produces sound of 188 decibels which can be detected 800 Kms away. The blue whale is much louder than a jet plane engine, which reaches only 140 decibels
- Snakes do not have eye lids like us. Instead, they have a transparent moist shield over their eyes. So the snakes can never blink their eyes or close its eyes.
- Cheetahs are so fast that they can reach a speed of 1132 Km/hour within few seconds. Their eye sight is so incredible that they can spot their prey which is 5 Kms away!
- Your body has miles and miles of blood vessels. if they were laid end to end, they would stretch for 99,000 Kilometers. This is enough to circle the Earth 2.5 times.