- The trees receive about 90% of their nutrition from atmosphere and 10% only from the soil.
- The tree lowers the temperature of surrounding atmosphere by evaporating water from its leaves.
- One of the tallest tree is General Sherman which is a giant red wood of California. It is about 275 feet or 84 meters tall with a girth of 8 meters.
- Trees absorb carbon di oxide and release oxygen which is required by us for living.
- Dendrochronology is the science of calculating a tree’s age by its rings.
- Do you know that trees grow from top and not from bottom as normally believed. A branch's location on a tree will only move up the trunk a few inches in 1000 years.
- The presence of trees in urban neighborhoods has been linked to less crime.
- One acre of trees can remove 2.6 tons of carbon di oxide each year
- The leaves of trees help us to trap and remove tiny particles of dust which otherwise would damage human lungs.
Sunday, December 5, 2010
Amazing Facts about Trees
Here are some amazing and interesting facts about trees.