- a F1 car can pick up speed from 0 to 160 kmph and back to 0 within 4 seconds.
- Do you know that smaller aeroplanes takes off at lower speed than F1 cars on the track
- When a F1 car is racing on the track, the down force produced provides enough suction to lift a manhole cover. So all the man hole covers on the roads are to be welded down to prevent them being lifted by the cars
- A F1 car's tyres lose weight during a race. Each type of an f1 car loses about 1/2 Kg. due to wear
- The normal cars last for 60,000 Km to 1,00,000 Kms. But the f1 cars are designed to last only for 90 to 130 Kms.
- At the highest speed, f1 car tyre rotates at a speed of 50 rotations per second
- When a driver of f1 car hits the brakes on his car, he experiences a deceleration comparable to a regular car driving through a brick wall at 300 Km per hour.
Monday, April 16, 2012
Amazing facts about Formula 1 Cars
I think every one of you may be knowing about f1 cars or the Formula 1 cars. Formula 1 is nothing but a type of open wheel automotive racing. Formula 1 is considered as the most prestigious car racing series in the world. Here are some interesting facts about f1 cars.