* Chewing on gum while cutting onions can help a person from stop producing tears. Try it next time you chop onions!
* Until babies are six months old, they can breathe and swallow at the same time. Indeed convenient!
* Offered a new pen to write with, 97% of all people will write their own name.
* Male mosquitoes are vegetarians. Only females bite.
* The average person's field of vision encompasses a 200-degree wide angle.
* To find out if a watermelon is ripe, knock it, and if it sounds hollow then it is ripe.
* Canadians can send letters with personalized postage stamps showing their own photos on each stamp.
* Babies' eyes do not produce tears until the baby is approximately six to eight weeks old.
* It snowed in the Sahara Desert in February of 1979.
* Plants watered with warm water grow larger and more quickly than plants watered with cold water.
* Wearing headphones for just an hour will increase the bacteria in your ear by 700 times.
* Grapes explode when you put them in the microwave.
* Those stars and colors you see when you rub your eyes are called phosphenes.
* Our eyes are always the same size from birth, but our nose and ears never stop growing.
* Everyone's tongue print is different, like fingerprints.
* Contrary to popular belief, a swallowed chewing gum doesn't stay in the gut. It will pass through the system and be excreted.
* At 40 Centigrade a person loses about 14.4 calories per hour by breathing.
* There is a hotel in Sweden built entirely out of ice; it is rebuilt every year.
* Cats, camels and giraffes are the only animals in the world that walk right foot, right foot, left foot, left foot, rather than right foot, left foot.
* Onions help reduce cholesterol if eaten after a fatty meal.
* The sound you hear when you crack your knuckles is actually the sound of nitrogen gas bubbles bursting.