1. Did you know the largest fish ever caught was the Whale Shark? It was 59ft long.
These fish can weigh up to 15 tons.
2. Did you know fishes cannot live in the Dead Sea because the water has too much salt in it?
3. A parrotfish makes its own sleeping bag to sleep in. It uses mucous (like spit)
to make a see-through bag all around it's body to protect it from attack by other
creatures in the ocean.
4. The pelican uses the funny looking pouch under its lower beak for catching fish.
It does this by swooshing into the water and scooping up as many fish as
5. The blue whale is the largest animal on earth. The heart of a blue whale is as
big as a car, and it's tongue is as long as an elephant.
6. Did you know pearls are found in oysters? The largest pearl ever found was 620
7. The heaviest fish ever caught was the OCEAN SUNFISH. It weighed 4,928 lbs.
8. The Blue Whale's whistle is the loudest noise made by an animal.
9. here are two kinds of elephants: the African that is taller and has larger ears
and the Indian that is small and has smaller ears.
10. Did you know there are two kinds of camels? One is the Arabian that lives in
Western Asia and Northern Africa. It has one hump. And the second kind is called
Bactrian which has two humps and lives in Mongolia and Chinese Turkistan.
11. The smallest bird in the world is the Hummingbird. It weighs 1oz.
12. The fastest human swimmer can swim at 6 miles per hour. The fastest mammal - the
dolphin - can swim up to 35 miles per hour.
13. The bird that can fly the fastest is called a White It can fly up to 95 miles
14. Did you know fishes talk to each other? Some of them communicate by making noises
in their throats by rasping their teeth, others use their swim bladders to make
15. The the oldest living thing on earth is 12,000 years old. It is the flowering
shrubs called creosote bushes in the Mojave Desert