- Hydrogen is the most abundant element in the Universe which is about 75%.
- The number of stars in a normal galaxy are between 100,000,000,000 and 1,000,000,000,000
- Hydrofluoric acid will dissolve glass.
- The hottest planet in the solar system is Venus, with an estimated surface temperature of 462 degrees celcius.
- Diamonds are the hardest substances known to us.
- The only letter not appearing on the Periodic Table is the letter “J”.
- The Cerebrum, also called the forebrain, is responsible for our language, memory, movement and all. As you’re reading this and trying to understand it, you’re using your Cerebrum.
- The blood flows down in one leg and up in other leg.
- The longest living cells in the body are brain cells which can live an entire lifetime.
- A piece of paper can be folded in half not more than 7 times what ever may be the its size or thickness.
- The energy used by our brain is 0.1 calories per minute normally, and it can go up to 1.5 during activities like puzzle solving.
Saturday, November 20, 2010
Amazing Science Facts
Here are some of the scientific facts of interest for all.