- The only English word that ends with letters 'mt' is 'Dreamt'
- The only number that has its letters in alphabetical order is 'Forty'. The only number whose letters are in reverse alphabetical order is 'One'
- The first song which was performed in outer space is "Happy Birthday" which is sung by Apollo II astronauts on March,8 1969.
- The number "One Thousand" contains the letter A, and none of the words from one to nine hundreds ninety nine has A.
- The sugar contained in 1 Kg. of lemon is more than the sugar in 1 Kg. of Straw berries.
- The total length of telephone wire in USA is 1,525,000,000 miles.
- 98% of the weight of water is made up from oxygen.
- Do you know that the months that begin with sunday always have a "Friday the 13th."
- Camels have three eyelids to protect themselves from blowing sand.
- The only planet that is not named after a god is "Earth"
- 25% of the bones in your body are in your feet.
- A giraffe can clean its ears with its 21-inch tongue!
- An ostrich's eye is bigger than its brain
- Most of the dust particles in your house are made from dead skin
- A cockroach can live for several weeks even its head is cut off
- Human thigh bones are stronger than concrete
Thursday, November 11, 2010
Most interesting facts
Here are some of the most interesting and unusual facts that every one should know.