Here are some of the funny and amazing facts about Water. We all know that Water is very important to life on earth. Read interesting facts about ice, snow, drinking water etc.
- Water is essential for life on earth.
- Water is made of two elements, hydrogen and oxygen.
- Water has three different states, Solid, Liquid and Gas.
- The word water refers to the water in liquid state. The solid form of water is called as ice and the gas state is known as steam or water vapor.
- Sea water normally freezes at -2 °C (28.4 °F).
- 70% of the earth surface is covered by water.
- Ocean tides are formed by the rotation of earth and gravitational pull of moon and sun.
- Every kilo gram of sea water contains 3.5 gms. of salt in it.
- The longest river in the world is Nile river.