- The small intestine is the largest internal organ in human body: Even though you call it as small intestine, it is actually 4 times as long as the average height of a human.
- The pressure created by human heart can squirt blood 30 feet away : It is very amazing to know that pumping blood through your body creates some pressure which results in strong contractions of the heart and the thick walls of the ventricles which push blood to the body
- The acid in the stomach can dissolve even razor blades: The acid inside our stomach is so strong that it can even dissolve razor blades. The Hydrochloric acid that is inside your stomach dissolves the food you eat and at the same can also dissolve many types of metals.
- A new stomach lining is formed every 3 to 4 days: Do you know that the mucus like cells lining the walls of the stomach would dissolve due to strong digestive acids inside your stomach if they are not replaced. So you get new stomach lining every 3 to 4 days
- The surface area of a human lung is equal to that of a tennis court: Do you know that the surface area of your lung is almost equal to the area of a tennis court.
- Your left lung is smaller than your right lung to make room for your heart: If you are asked to draw the picture of your lungs, normally you will draw the lungs with same size. But the human heart is slightly tilted to the left which occupies some space on left side which reduces the size of left lung.
- You can survive even if a large part of your internal organs are removed: Do you know that you can survive even with the removal of the stomach, the spleen, 75% of the liver, 80% of the intestines, one kidney, one lung, and almost every organ from the pelvic and groin area.
Monday, June 4, 2012
Cool facts about internal organs of human body
The internal organs in human body are very important because they allow us to walk, eat, breath etc. But most of us do not bother much about internal organs. Here are some interesting facts about internal organs of human body.